With Florida temperatures heating up, there are lots of great ways to stay cool at Disney Springs® at Walt Disney World® Resort. Check out what your Clients can enjoy this summer at Disney Springs!
- The “Beat the Heat DJ Dance Party” is a summer-inspired dance party at Disney Springs Marketplace featuring family-friendly music and the iconic Marketplace Fun Fountains. The party takes place daily 1-5 p.m. in between Earl of Sandwich and Once Upon a Toy. And then, once the sun begins to set, the fountains are turned off for the ultimate nighttime dance party – 6-10 p.m.
- Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the iconic “Summer of Love” in San Francisco, California and offering the Haight Ash’berry’ sundae (hot fudge sundae with seasonal berries, topped with whipped cream and a dark chocolate blueberry square) for a limited time only. If your Clients purchase this sundae, they’ll receive a flower crown and heart shaped sunglasses.
- Amorette’s Patisserie is now offering Sparkling Hibiscus Lemonade for summertime guests. This refreshing drink can also receive a splash of liquor for those looking to enjoy a spirited beverage.
- More shade, big umbrellas and new frozen margaritas at Dockside Margaritas , a favorite waterfront respite for cold drinks and live music. And while classic margaritas and other cocktails are on the menu, seasonal frozen margaritas (watermelon, apple, agave nectar and tangerine mix-ins are among rotating flavors) are fun for summertime. Live music usually starts around noon and goes until 10:15 p.m. Plus, every Thursday through Sept. 28, 2017, four drinks will be featured, all at a special “throwback” price. You can look for your favorite blast from the past cocktail, such as the Kungaloosh from Adventurer’s Club and the Bell Bottom from 8Trax. The non-alcoholic Emil’s Strawberry Colada from Adventurer’s Club will also be offered every Thursday for kids (of all ages) to enjoy.
- Coca-Cola Store Rooftop Beverage Bar is offering a wide variety of Coca-Cola flavors this summer, in addition to an array of cocktails, mocktails, smoothies and ice cream floats. Here, you can sip on the ‘Coca-Cola Tastes of the World’ and enjoy a selection of Coca-Cola beverages from Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- Paddlefish, located on the iconic Lake Buena Vista paddleboat, is open and has a rooftop bar and lounge that allows you to unwind and enjoy the spectacular views of the summertime sunset and evening activities at Disney Springs. They can also enjoy live entertainment on the rooftop deck every Friday and Saturday night, 9 p.m. to midnight.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes on the West Side added more air-conditioned space on the second floor with an enclosed balcony that expands the dining room. Tables and high tops are along the windows, with fabulous views of Disney Springs through floor-to-ceiling windows. A new bar anchors the space.
- The BOATHOUSE at The Landing has three new summer dishes: herb-marinated grilled shrimp with smoked jalapeño grits, cornbread and housemade jalapeño jelly; house-smoked beef brisket au jus sandwich with spicy giardineria; and coconut bread pudding souffle with roasted pineapple and rum caramel sauce.
- B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Co. kiosk in Marketplace has a new Latin Dog, topped with chipotle mayo, corn salsa and queso fundido, one of five delectable choices – vegetarians can try the meatless Italian-style with peppers, onion and marinara.
- The popular “Jasper Board” starter gets bigger at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ with smoked fish dip, pimento cheese, shaved country and tasso hams and buttermilk crackers. With a cocktail, it’s a meal. There is also the new “Ham, Ham & Jam” with three Cheddar drop biscuits with ham, blackberry fig jam and pimento cheese. A new hangar steak with good ol’ Southern succotash (made with grilled corn, tomato and lima beans) and a new Chef Art Burger with Art’s special secret sauce round out the savories. As a lighter option, there’s a new watermelon salad with heirloom tomatoes, crispy ham, feta cheese and candied pecans.
There are also some great shopping opportunities throughtout Disney Springs:
- Now through July 31, 2017 shoppers can enjoy 50% off select styles at Unode50.
- British label Superdry is also offering up to 50% off select styles, including their men’s denim and women’s summer dresses now through July 31, 2017.
- And if you are looking to bring some items back home to help cool-down this summer, they can check out D-Living located in Town Center. This seasonally themed boutique features all the Disney merchandise necessary to enjoy the summer.
Some of these offerings are for a limited time, so be sure to head to Disney Springs to enjoy this cool celebration of summer.