The Disney Wonder is a ship that is distinguished for its sophisticated design and modern innovation. Along with its sister ship, the Disney Magic, the Disney Wonder was specially constructed with families in mind, combining sleek style with a splash of fun. Today, it is one of the most revered and recognizable ocean liners in the world, inspiring awe wherever it pulls into port.
Like the Disney Magic, the Disney Wonder has 11 massive decks, a total length of 964 feet, a maximum width of 106 feet and a gross tonnage of 83,000. It has the capacity to comfortably accommodate 2,700 passengers, along with 950 Cast and Crew Members to cater to the needs of Guests on each and every voyage, from dawn until dusk.
Aboard the Disney Wonder
Discover the ship’s delights for each and every member of your party.
- Staterooms: Staterooms on board the Disney Wonder feature modern comforts, ample space and elegant nautical decor. Most boast split bathrooms—a feature perfect for families& and a cruise line industry first!
- Youth Clubs: Youth Clubs aboard the Disney Wonder fulfill the playtime needs of our young Guests! Children’s activity centers, clubs and special supervised programs are found all around the ship.
- Dining: Dining options aboard the Disney Wonder range from intimate gourmet to casual quick-service. You can enjoy an intimate dinner-for-two just as easily as you can grab a bite by the pool with the whole family!
- Entertainment: Entertainment aboard the Disney Wonder is offered across a number of exciting venues, and all options are designed to fill your days at sea with memorable experiences.
- Pools: Pools aboard the Disney Wonder are great places to cool down and relax on sunny afternoons. On Deck 9, you’ll find 3 crystal pools—one for kids, one for families, and one just for adults.
- Nightclubs & Lounges: Nightclubs & Lounges on the Disney Wonder fill the nights at sea with sizzling music, dancing and socializing. Get your kicks on Route 66—the ship’s “roadside” adults-only entertainment district, featuring the hottest bars and clubs.
Construction of the Disney Wonder
The Disney Wonder was built in the year following completion of the Disney Magic. With the first ship, a long and meticulous process of design and re-design eventually produced a perfect specimen of sleek function and nostalgic glamour—a vessel that paid homage to a time when ocean liners inspired awe and represented the very best in artistry and architecture.
Fueled by the success of the cruises aboard the Disney Magic, construction of the Disney Wonder took place in the celebrated Fincantieri shipyards in Italy, known for excellent engineering, craftsmanship and ingenuity. With the Disney Magic’s innovative design, power, speed and beauty proving a winning combination, the Disney Wonder would be constructed with the same qualities.
Today, the Disney Wonder is a breathtaking ship. Though its exterior is nearly identical to its sister ship’s, its interior features whole new designs that make the experience of staying aboard the Disney Wonder fresh, exciting and new.
Interior Design of the Disney Wonder
The interior of the Disney Wonder reflects all the majesty and enigmatic beauty of the seas, with its swirling wave patterns, marble accents and touches of Venetian glass adding brilliance to the Art Nouveau décor. A bronze statue of Ariel from the classic animated Disney film The Little Mermaid greets Guests in the lobby—an installment designed by Disney Imagineers to evoke a feeling of adventure. The same sophistication and fun that mark this distinctive part of the ship is found throughout the vessel. Guests are invited to discover the sheer wonder, from the wide expanses of the sunny decks to the inviting interiors of the cozy staterooms.
From the beginning, the Disney Wonder was meticulously designed to bring the golden age of ocean liners to life. Specially commissioned paintings, sculptures and woodwork, as well as rare animation cels from the expansive Disney archive, make the ship’s interior inimitable and distinctive. Attention to detail can be observed in everything from the murals and framed pieces that line its interior walls to the gleaming fixtures and furnishings that fill its grandest spaces.