The VOID’s new, groundbreaking hyper-reality experience, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is coming to Downtown Disney at the Disneyland® Resort and Disney Springs® at Walt Disney World® Resort.
Beginning this holiday season, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire will transport you to a galaxy far, far away where you’ll be able to engage with friends, family and Star Wars characters through sight, sound, touch, smell, and motion. It’ll even allow environmental effects to be felt using Haptic feedback – melding the physical and digital worlds together. So, you don’t just see the Star Wars universe, you’re part of it at Disney Parks.
Plans for this first-of-its-kind experience were just unveiled by THE VOID, an entertainment company that combines the magic of illusions and advanced technology to create immersive social experiences that take visitors to new worlds. Lucasfilm and ILMxLab are collaborating to help develop this one-of-a-kind experience at Downtown Disney and Disney Springs.
We’ll have many more details to share in the future. Stay tuned for more details as work begins on Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire.
The much-anticipated Terralina Crafted Italian is anticipated to open this fall at Disney Springs® in the space of the former Portobello Country Italian Trattoria at Walt Disney World® Resort. Good news, James Beard Award-winning Chef Tony Mantuano returns from Portobello to curate the new menu, and Chef Justin Plank will be back to run the kitchen.
A multi-million- dollar makeover is transforming the space in The Landing on the shores of Lake Buena Vista. Inspired by the design and lifestyle of Italy’s Lake District, the new restaurant will be reminiscent of an Italian home, with an open kitchen, dining rooms with eclectic décor and a new veranda bar outside the main entrance.
Chef Mantuano’s authentic Italian cuisine (much of it infused with his signature olive oil imported directly from Italy) will include artisanal pizzas and fresh vegetable dishes fired up in a wood-burning oven. Two new signatures – mussels and a grilled pork chop – will be on the menu, along with favorites from Portobello such as the antipasti platter and signature pastas.
Terralina Crafted Italian will be open for lunch and dinner – stay tuned for an opening date!
With Florida temperatures heating up, there are lots of great ways to stay cool at Disney Springs® at Walt Disney World® Resort. Check out what your Clients can enjoy this summer at Disney Springs!
- The “Beat the Heat DJ Dance Party” is a summer-inspired dance party at Disney Springs Marketplace featuring family-friendly music and the iconic Marketplace Fun Fountains. The party takes place daily 1-5 p.m. in between Earl of Sandwich and Once Upon a Toy. And then, once the sun begins to set, the fountains are turned off for the ultimate nighttime dance party – 6-10 p.m.
- Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the iconic “Summer of Love” in San Francisco, California and offering the Haight Ash’berry’ sundae (hot fudge sundae with seasonal berries, topped with whipped cream and a dark chocolate blueberry square) for a limited time only. If your Clients purchase this sundae, they’ll receive a flower crown and heart shaped sunglasses.
- Amorette’s Patisserie is now offering Sparkling Hibiscus Lemonade for summertime guests. This refreshing drink can also receive a splash of liquor for those looking to enjoy a spirited beverage.
- More shade, big umbrellas and new frozen margaritas at Dockside Margaritas , a favorite waterfront respite for cold drinks and live music. And while classic margaritas and other cocktails are on the menu, seasonal frozen margaritas (watermelon, apple, agave nectar and tangerine mix-ins are among rotating flavors) are fun for summertime. Live music usually starts around noon and goes until 10:15 p.m. Plus, every Thursday through Sept. 28, 2017, four drinks will be featured, all at a special “throwback” price. You can look for your favorite blast from the past cocktail, such as the Kungaloosh from Adventurer’s Club and the Bell Bottom from 8Trax. The non-alcoholic Emil’s Strawberry Colada from Adventurer’s Club will also be offered every Thursday for kids (of all ages) to enjoy.
- Coca-Cola Store Rooftop Beverage Bar is offering a wide variety of Coca-Cola flavors this summer, in addition to an array of cocktails, mocktails, smoothies and ice cream floats. Here, you can sip on the ‘Coca-Cola Tastes of the World’ and enjoy a selection of Coca-Cola beverages from Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- Paddlefish, located on the iconic Lake Buena Vista paddleboat, is open and has a rooftop bar and lounge that allows you to unwind and enjoy the spectacular views of the summertime sunset and evening activities at Disney Springs. They can also enjoy live entertainment on the rooftop deck every Friday and Saturday night, 9 p.m. to midnight.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes on the West Side added more air-conditioned space on the second floor with an enclosed balcony that expands the dining room. Tables and high tops are along the windows, with fabulous views of Disney Springs through floor-to-ceiling windows. A new bar anchors the space.
- The BOATHOUSE at The Landing has three new summer dishes: herb-marinated grilled shrimp with smoked jalapeño grits, cornbread and housemade jalapeño jelly; house-smoked beef brisket au jus sandwich with spicy giardineria; and coconut bread pudding souffle with roasted pineapple and rum caramel sauce.
- B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Co. kiosk in Marketplace has a new Latin Dog, topped with chipotle mayo, corn salsa and queso fundido, one of five delectable choices – vegetarians can try the meatless Italian-style with peppers, onion and marinara.
- The popular “Jasper Board” starter gets bigger at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ with smoked fish dip, pimento cheese, shaved country and tasso hams and buttermilk crackers. With a cocktail, it’s a meal. There is also the new “Ham, Ham & Jam” with three Cheddar drop biscuits with ham, blackberry fig jam and pimento cheese. A new hangar steak with good ol’ Southern succotash (made with grilled corn, tomato and lima beans) and a new Chef Art Burger with Art’s special secret sauce round out the savories. As a lighter option, there’s a new watermelon salad with heirloom tomatoes, crispy ham, feta cheese and candied pecans.
There are also some great shopping opportunities throughtout Disney Springs:
- Now through July 31, 2017 shoppers can enjoy 50% off select styles at Unode50.
- British label Superdry is also offering up to 50% off select styles, including their men’s denim and women’s summer dresses now through July 31, 2017.
- And if you are looking to bring some items back home to help cool-down this summer, they can check out D-Living located in Town Center. This seasonally themed boutique features all the Disney merchandise necessary to enjoy the summer.
Some of these offerings are for a limited time, so be sure to head to Disney Springs to enjoy this cool celebration of summer.
AS OF TODAY AUGUST 1, 2016 THESE ARE THE CURRENT UP TO DATE SCHEDULED REFURBISHMENTS AT THE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT’S THEME PARKS. CHECK BACK FOR MORE POSTS AS MORE NEWS BECOMES AVAILABLE!
Monorail: Now – Summer 2016: The Walt Disney World Resort Monorail System is undergoing refurbishment and may be on modified service and/or routes. If Guests plan to use this form of transportation during their visit they should check to be sure of the best option available on their day of travel, as alternative transportation options will be available.
Swiss Family Treehouse: July 6 – September 24, 2016
Liberty Square Riverboat: August 1 – 7, 2016
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: August 8 – November 18, 2016
“It’s a Small World”: August 22 – September 15, 2016
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Pizza Planet: January 19 – Late 2016
Muppet Vision 3D: August 15 – 22, 2016
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
DINOSAUR: July 25 – October 16, 2016
Dino Institute Shop: July 25 – October 16, 2016
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
Annual Referbishment October 23 – December 24, 2016
Planet Hollywood: January 5 – Fall 2016
Fulton’s Crab House – reopening as Paddlefish: April 4 – Fall 2016
Cookes of Dublin: August 1 – 8, 2016